Sunday, 22 May 2022 | 04:54
  • Sitio Web Español
  • Site français
  • Chinese website
Citizens of EU Member States, Nationals of EU Member States, of the states forming part of the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), and of Switzerland, together with spouses, descendants and ascendants, have the right freely to enter, leave, circulate through and remain in Spanish territory.

If the period of residence in Spain, for whatever reason, is to be less than three months, possession will be required only of a current and valid passport or identity document permitting entry to Spanish territory.

Any citizen of the aforementioned States who holds a current and valid passport or identity document may also reside in Spain without needing a residence permit issued by the Spanish authorities. 

Non-European Union Citizens

Those students who are not nationals of one of the EU countries, of Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, or of Switzerland, will need a student residence card. This card authorizes the holder to reside legally in Spain during the stud period. Before coming to Spain, students should apply for the entry visa at a Spanish Diplomatic Mission or Consular Office in their country of origin or residence, presenting at the same time the certificates accrediting academic qualifications already obtained. The visa will be needed regardless of expected duration of the study period in Spain. If studies are expected to last six months or more, once in Spain it will be necessary to obtain the student resident permit, which is applied for at the Immigration Office (Oficina de Extranjeros) at the police headquarters or police station in the student's place of residence in Spain. 
University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. ULPGC
C/Juan de Quesada, nº 30
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria - 35001 - Spain
(+34) 928 451 000/023
- Fax:
(+34) 928 451 022